If your looking to use a Moka Pot to brew the perfect coffee but your not sure how to use one then this is the guide you need.
If you haven't used a Moka Pot before they can seem complicated but once you know the basics it's easy to produce a high quality cup every time:
- Grind your coffee - freshly ground beans will give the best cup of coffee
- Add water - fill the brewer to the line in the bottom of the brewer section
- Add the filter and coffee - insert the filter basket into the brewer, then fill the basket with coffee
- Attach sections - screw the top and bottom of the Moka Pot together
- Heat your coffee - place it on a moderately hot stove, angling the handle away from heat and leaving the lid open. Coffee will start to bubble into the top section
- Pour - once the coffee has stopped bubbling, pour it into your preferred mug
Be careful not to overheat when making the coffee as it can cause slight bitterness.
Ensure you remove from the heat once the coffee starts emitting lighter coloured steam or the steam becomes audible, or the coffee may taste burnt.